Homemade Turmeric Latte Recipe
I've been loving turmeric lattes (aka golden milk lattes) lately. While there are a few cafes in Vancouver like Honolulu Coffee that make turmeric lattes, you can also make one for yourself at home. I wanted to share a recipe with you that I found online which was simple and easy to make.
I tried making a turmeric latte at home and loved it! Hope you'll enjoy it too.
I've learned to appreciate turmeric ever since I realized how effective it was in fighting my rheumatoid arthritis symptoms and stiff joints that can get agonized by cold winter weather. It also helps with clearing your skin as turmeric is great for healing acne scars.
Turmeric and ginger are full of powerful anti-inflammatory properties. Combining these two ingredients and making it into a hot latte is a delicious and nutritious elixir when you need a health boost. Don't forget to add the black pepper as well! It is important as it increases the effectiveness of the turmeric by enhancing bioavailability, extent of absorption and serum concentration.
Tip: Wash your hands right after you peel the turmeric as it will stain your fingernails yellow.
Turmeric Latte Recipe
how to make it at home
What you need
For 1 serving:
- 1 heaped teaspoon peeled and finely chopped fresh turmeric
- 1 teaspoon peeled and roughly chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- pinch sea salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- ground black pepper
How to make it
1. Combine turmeric, ginger, coconut sugar, coconut oil and a pinch of sea salt in a powerful blender.
2. Heat almond milk in a small saucepan over medium heat until just simmering.
3. Pour the hot almond milk into the blender and blitz everything until smooth and frothy. Pour into a glass and garnish with ground black pepper.
Recipe from goop.com
I hope you enjoy this recipe, and get to try making it for yourself at home. Have a wonderful day!