Dry Lip Remedies: Balm vs. Mask vs. Oil
Nobody likes getting super dry and flaky lips (or kissing them!) during the winter season. This is a product review of three different products in the form of a balm, mask and oil that I'm currently using. The products featured are EOS Pomegranate Raspberry Lip Balm, Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask, and Hourglass No. 28 Lip Treatment Oil. Keep reading to find out my pros and cons list of each product.
This post is not sponsored and is 100% my honest opinion.
dry lip remedies: Balm vs. mask vs. oil
Breaking down the pros and cons of 3 different lip product formulas
EOS Pomegrenate Raspberry Lip Balm ($)
This is an everyday kind of lip balm that I carry in my purse when I go out and need a quick moisture boost.
- Super cute round packaging which means it never gets lost in my purse
- It is made of natural ingredients like jojoba oil, shea butter and vitamin E
- EOS is a cruelty-free brand
- The formula feels waxy
- Doesn't last very long and requires frequent application
- The lip balm is fully exposed which doesn't seem very hygienic
VERDICT: I would not recommend this for super dry lips, and I would not repurchase this.
Laneige LIP Sleeping Mask ($$)
This is a leave on lip mask that you can leave overnight. I apply this twice a day, once after my morning shower and once before bedtime.
- It's so hydrating and leaves my lips feeling super soft and supple
- It is packed with vitamin C and antixodiants due to the delightful blend of raspberry, cranberry, strawberry and blueberry
- Long lasting
- Visible results after first time application
- I personally don't like the jar packaging which requires you to use your fingers
- There is a mild berry fragrance which I would prefer not to have
VERDICT: Highly recommend to relieve dry lips, and worth every penny
Hourglass No. 28 Lip Treatment Oil ($$$)
This is a super luxurious feeling and looking lip oil that is made of essential oils, plant oils, vitamins and three main active ingredients The product is dispensed with a 24-karat gold plated tip.
- Gorgeous product design and powerful formula that delivers
- Hourglass is a cruelty-free brand
- No fragrance
- Great for wearing under lipstick as it totally plumps and hydrates your lips with each application
VERDICT: If you're looking to treat yourself and splurge a bit, this is well worth it
Hope you enjoyed this beauty post. Are there other products you like as well that are effective dry lip remedies? Let me know in the comments. Have a lovely day!